What We Believe
West University United Methodist Church is a Christian congregation of The United Methodist Church, a global church 11 million members strong.
- God has been revealed as a Trinity, three persons in one: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We were created in God’s image to be in relationship with God.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God as well as the Savior and Lord of all. Jesus died on the cross for the sins of the world before rising bodily three days later.
- We believe that all those who believe in Jesus Christ may be saved from sin and death for eternal life.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who guides, empowers, unites and sanctifies us.
- We believe the church is the body of Christ, an extension of his life and ministry in the world today.
- We believe that our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- We believe the Bible to be God’s inspired word. It is the first place we turn with questions about faith and life.
We emphasize God’s grace—the love and mercy given to us by God because God wants us to have it, not because of anything we have done to earn it.
We emphasize Christian living—putting faith and love into action.
We are inclusive. Our Christian community includes members who were baptized in 14 denominations and those who came to us from 11 different countries. Our broad understanding of the Christian faith allows us to worship, learn, grow, serve, and have fun together. If you are ready to experience and share the love and forgiveness of God, you will be welcomed here.
More information on United Methodist beliefs
More information about the United Methodist Church
Information about Baptism
Information about Holy Communion